Sunday, April 2, 2017

That abrasive friend

I know you have one too, don't deny it unless it is you who are that abrasive friend who simply cannot accept when we both believe the same thing.

Having a conversation or rather a discussion with my abrasive friend is occasionally similar to walking barefoot over broken glass. When it comes to just about any topic he is quick to argue. Not listening to my side or entertaining the possibility that I may be even remotely correct. I'm not saying that abrasive friend is not knowledgable, quite the contrary. However, knowledge alone doesn't hold a good discussion.together. A modicum of common sense has to accompany the knowledge. A discussion is a living thing which can be fed positively or squelcehd by negativity.

For whatever reason, my dear, intelligent and very abrasive friend, in discussions in which we agree, will berate my me for believing in our mutually agreed topic because...............wait for it....................I do not believe for the same reason as my friend.............It's akin to both going to the store but I am wrong because I took a different path.            Why does that one abrasive friend punish me so for choosing to remain their friend? A question to remain unanswered forever. Some of us are simply that way and some of us find some redeeming quality of theirs to enjoy their company anyway.

No comments:

 
Authors Blogs Literature Blogs - Blog Top Sites Literature Blogs - Blog Top  Sites