Friday, March 31, 2017

Irish cabbage, onion, potato and bacon dish. Simply amazing!

Cooking is a relaxing and satisfying pastime for me. Calms me down and gives me a sense of satisfaction, especially at dinner time. Yesterday it was a dish I had not made or even been aware of until a few days ago. I am told it is called Cal-cannon but I'm amiss on the proper spelling at this time. At any rate, I suggest it to anyone that enjoys a cacophony of delightful, savory mix of flavors and can temporarily suspend avoidance of fats, calories, carbs and oils.

1 lb bacon fried in a pan to crispy state
Remove bacon to plate for crumbling
Add 3/4 pound butter to pan of bacon grease at medium heat
Add 1/2 head shredded cabbage
Add two large halved and sliced onions
Add 1 tablespoon minced garlic
Cook until onions and cabbage are caramelized and tender
Add 4 to 5 cups mashed potatoes (instant or fresh works equally)
Add crumbled bacon
Stir until well mixed and serve.

Aech ingredient adds to the intensity of the others so well I was amazed.

Enjoy

No comments:

 
Authors Blogs Literature Blogs - Blog Top Sites Literature Blogs - Blog Top  Sites