Saturday, April 2, 2016

Spring always comes

Every year in Michigan is guaranteed to have a few surprises. At least when it comes to the weather. That, my friends is a huge reason I remain in Michigan the entire year. Not much remains the same from one year to the next. Last year the pussy-willows in the park were growing through snow and I had to walk over ice covered paths to get to them. This year I had to take off my coat because I was perspiring so much and the only snow was in small, melting pies where the plow had pushed it. Not everyone's cup of tea but, to me anyway, well worth the wait.

Rabbits were everywhere this morning. One group was absolutely huge, 15 or 20 or even more. Frisky little things in Spring aren't they? Yet another annual Michigan surprise. Well, maybe not quite a surprise, maybe a simple Spring ritual of nature. And then, the increase of birds singing during my morning walks. I'm not as up on the different songs of species but that is not to say I don't appreciate the music. Especially as the sun is rising and the landscape begins to awaken in my sight. You know how they use music to set the stage for events in movies and TV shows? That's sort of what it's like during my walks. That is why I personally prefer mornings. That and the solitude makes it surreal sometimes. An excellent way to begin the day. although there are times when I have a friend with me and that is a treat what with discussion and laughter and all that, but then I don't hear the birds as much or pay that close attention to the increasing light.

This morning has become a surprise in itself because I had arrived early to speak with a car collector about his 1965 Mercury Comet Caliente and the options regarding polishing the factory original albeit very faded paint. One of my all time favorite cars. Unfortunately, he called and the car will not start this morning and he cancelled until another date. I have a block of unscheduled time to myself. What to do? What to do? .................A stack of procrastinated  paperwork on my desk will be tackled. That will open up some free time during the day to search for morel mushrooms. That is a gift. Always a surprise, just like Michigan weather.

No comments:

 
Authors Blogs Literature Blogs - Blog Top Sites Literature Blogs - Blog Top  Sites