Sunday, June 16, 2013

Joe Cramer-Words from my father

Our dads were not carbon copies of each other were they? Yours said this and mine said that. They did give us stuff to think about though didn't they? I really like my friend's dads sometimes. They were smart and knew a lot more than my own dad. At least sometimes. But, then something would happen and I would realize just how smart my own dad was. He had some phrases that irritated me at the time but later sounded like good advice. You be the judge OK?

Ride your own bike!
If someone says you ride funny, get them to race you-on the course you choose. You'll be surprised how good you are.

Buy cheap, you'll get cheap. Don't complain and pay the price of being stupid.

If someone swears all the time and doesn't realize it, be careful of what you trust him with.

Men are made to protect women, whether they think they need protecting doesn't matter.

Don't pass gas and think it's funny. You are a better man if you feel embarrassed.

Don't waste your energy fighting a battle you can't win.

Lots of other stuff he said. Right or wrong he was there to say it. So very cool!

No comments:

 
Authors Blogs Literature Blogs - Blog Top Sites Literature Blogs - Blog Top  Sites