Saturday, August 18, 2012

Writing and blogging

Time has a way of altering the normal doesn't it? The change is often so subtle those of us who are being changed hardly notice it. This blog and my writing has changed many times for many reasons. In reading an article regarding writing in general the author made a statement that sort of hit home. I've read it before somewhere but, of course felt it didn't pertain to me. "Every writer reaches a time when they simply write thoughts that are only of interest to themselves. Very much like thinking out loud in a crowded room." I dearly hope I haven't done that very often but I can see that the thinking out loud part has occasionally presented itself on this blog site. I wonder what it is that causes us to think that anyone else is interested in if my foot hurts or the coffee was cold or my window has rain drops on it.

When I write, I am alone with my thoughts except for you. That's the thing that brings out the trivial I think. Usually I write in the early morning hours, long before I meet any real live people except those hard working souls that serve me food and coffee at the drive thru window. Morning is the most wonderful time of my day, so I write. Without questions or human contact my interactive hungry mind makes up stuff. Similar to a puppy running aimlessly through a field without a fence. Just loving the freedom, the sheer pleasure of being alive in the moment. A puppy desires companionship to share his exuberance but isn't about to give up the fun just because there is no one else around. Why waste the opportunity. Me too!

So, there we have it! On any given morning I am beginning my puppy stage all over again anew. Writing because it brings me a sense of purpose and well being and enjoying the moment. Truthfully I can't run through an open field like I used to. However, I am not about to give up the fun. I hope you join me and leave with the sense of newness and opportunity each morning brings. Yip, Yip, Arf!

No comments:

 
Authors Blogs Literature Blogs - Blog Top Sites Literature Blogs - Blog Top  Sites