Sunday, August 5, 2012

A real eye opener and food

I was determined to work off the discomfort of last week's little escapade of showing off to a couple young guys. I figured that riding around 10 miles a day or so would eventually release the cramps and muscle aches. "Work it off!" Is what I heard in my head. Watching professional sports figures do that is implanted in my Psyche. Every time an athlete gets smacked or develops a cramp or s into a pole, they go to the sideline for a few minutes, walk around grunting and flexing and snorting and then come back for the next play. If they can do it, I can do it. So, I worked at the shop during the day, worked in the garden in the evening and rode my bicycle in between. You know what? By Thursday about noon I could barely stand up. I am not a professional athlete I guess. Back to the drawing board and a new plan was formulated: Until further notice and the pain and cramping subside I am hereby on Light duty and only a mile or two occasionally on the stationary bike just to stay loose. No ride from Manistee to parts North this weekend. No practice run on Kent Trails or any other trail for that matter. Just some time in the garden to assure a proper and prolific Tomato and cucumber harvest for canning. I'm going to attempt to make catsup this year, I heard it could be done. And I enjoy bread and butter sandwich pickles far beyond normal. I could put them on anything and there is only one small pint left from last year. Wait, wait, I was talking about riding a bike wasn't I? Yeah, I guess so but suddenly the thought of fresh eggs fried in butter, bacon, fried potatoes, toast and a glass of tomato juice crossed my mind for some odd reason. I am in a weakened state and cannot resist. I'm gone, I'm outa here, the butter is already melting. I'm continuing my recuperation with proper nutrition. Later..............

2 comments:

Realbob said...

Joe, I don't exercise as much as you but, I know if I do to much, I have to take 2 or 3 days off. I body might get back if I just relax! Of course, you are a better man than I. I envey you a lot !
Realbob

Joe Cramer said...

No need to envy me Bob. There is a saying the "old" folks used to share with us, "You don't want someone else's problems and they don't want yours" Me and Mr. Aspirin are becoming good friends this week. Going to break out the salsa and chips in a little while for the ball game. I heard hot peppers make you feel better. Either that or if they are hot enough their affects help you forget everything else. God bless..........Joe

 
Authors Blogs Literature Blogs - Blog Top Sites Literature Blogs - Blog Top  Sites