Thursday, May 24, 2012

Sleep, bad news, caffiene

That's it! I've had enough for now! Way more unnecessary news than I need to know is smeared across the media right now. From some woman breast feeding her kid standing on a stool to the dangers of eating broccolli. I need a break! There were some real advantages to the lack of world news coverage "back in the day". To make my point psychiatrists all over the world advise people not to watch, read or listen to the news at least 2 hours before retiring if they desire a good nights sleep because it can cause restlessness and nightmares. I personally believe that, at least in this case those psychiatrists know what they are talking about. Just before going to bed last night I saw a short news story and for whatever reason I drempt about related stuff all night long. Tossing and turning all throughn the night. That stupid clock at the head of the bed moved so slowly I picked it up and shook it just to make sure it wasn't broke. The dreaming, in part involved me driving my truck across someone's lawn, too close to their fence, uprooting the posts, bumping into a tree, somehow getting their utility trailer stuck to my back bumper and my spinning tires churning up their driveway and leaving a huge jagged hole as I left. Whew! What a nightmare.

My only explanation is that somehow I held that late news story in my sleep driven mind, mixed it with other junk left in there from times and experiences past and came up with a conglomeration of otherwise impossible nonsense. From what I've heard stuff like that is what stories of mind altering drugs and alcohol abuse are made of. I didn't like it one bit. I may not sleep much but I do most often enjoy a deep, restful, invigorating sleep that most people only dream about. (nice little play on words don't you think) Not ever having partaken of any of those strong, mind altering things other than too  much homemade wine once, I wondered in my groggy awakening if that was some sought by taking LSd, certain mushrooms or the infamous Pyote buttons. No thanks. I'll stick with staying away from late night news and getting my usual night of deep sleep. Now, if I can only get this pesky blog site to accept and publish this posting. Am I doing this in my sleep? Is this just another nightmare? Now that I think about it, could all of this have been caused by my three glasses of caffinated tea? Nah! It was surely the news. Right?

No comments:

 
Authors Blogs Literature Blogs - Blog Top Sites Literature Blogs - Blog Top  Sites