Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Book marketing, Japan's trials

I just recieved an offer to market "Joe's Story: The Book of a Lifetime" from a professional advertising firm. for a mere $2300.00 Joe's Story would be put out there for thousands of people to see. Then, when one of those thousands purchased a copy of Joe's Story the promotional folks would recieve an additional commission. There is, of course no guarantee of sales. Looks kind of good at first. I'm caught up in earning a living and have precious little time to promote and market Joe's Story, as good a book as it is. Such is life. I'd like to get the word out there. Here is the catch 22. Even if I could afford the $2300.00, the commission on each sale comes to $1.46 more than I earn per copy from my publisher. I don't think it's such a good idea after all.

I have always admired much of the Japanese culture. Their sense of determination and engenuity has brought them up to being the third largest economy in the world. And to think there are 128 million people crammed onto such a small area. What a terrible experience it must be following the earthquake and the resulting Tsunami. The devastation is unfathomable to me. I remember the awful mess when New Orleans was flooded and almost wiped off the map. I also remember the civil turmoil and subsequent raping and looting there too. Yesterday, watching the media coverage in Japan I found it interesting and inspiring that, so far in all of Japan there has not been a single account of rape or looting. The lines waiting for the meager food and water rations were quiet and orderly. I wonder if there is a lesson to be learned here. I pray for all of them.

Spring is arriving more and more each day around here. Phew! .................Have a good one.

P.S. Spell check is not working, please excuse any errors.

No comments:

 
Authors Blogs Literature Blogs - Blog Top Sites Literature Blogs - Blog Top  Sites