Friday, July 19, 2013

What's your passion?

Just what is it that you are passionate about? I don't need an answer from you but it may not be a bad idea at all to ask yourself what it is that you are passionate about. Yesterday the question came up and, quite frankly I had to think about it for a long, long time. The thought hadn't occurred to me in the recent past, maybe in the far past either. it's not a question that comes up often over dinner or while conducting business. A true artist is passionate about their art. A true musician is passionate about their music, A true athlete is passionate about their sport, and so on it goes. At least that's what we believe about high profile pursuits. How often do we hear about us common folk and our passion? Has anyone asked you about yours lately? Does anyone actually care about the person behind the counter at the fast food joint? What kind of answer would you receive if you asked? I'm thinking it would often come as a surprise. Who would think that someone working for minimum  wage, barely eking out a living would even remotely be passionate about anything? So, what's your passion?

I am passionate about a few things I guess. I detail cars for a living, I am passionate about getting them done right. I've been passionate about detailing since I was ten years old. But detailing is not my whole life is it? I am passionate about doing the right thing regarding my family to the best of my ability. I'm passionate about my faith beliefs. I can think about a few other things too but then I step back and realize that an actual passion consumes your resources physically and spiritually and mentally doesn't it? That leaves not much room for another passion does it? I need to rethink my ideas of passion I guess. For now, the one thing that I can think of that consumes my ideal of passion is this: I feel that everyone should receive their just rewards for what they do or do not do. I have never wavered from that belief and I am passionate about it. Still, is that my passion in life? A good question to ponder.

No comments:

 
Authors Blogs Literature Blogs - Blog Top Sites Literature Blogs - Blog Top  Sites