Thursday, April 5, 2012

Things are happening around this blog site alright. I'm still nervous about any possible negative results resulting from my amateurish attempts at updating. Number one, I don't know what to expect. Number two, I don't know enough about what happens to know if a change is good or bad. Put that together and all I do know is that indeed some change has taken place, the blog seems to be operating and publishing and once again comments are being allowed. Navigating the new control panel is somewhat of a trial for me for the same reason I just mentioned and the template is foreign to my eyes.

All that being said: Back when I began this blog I needed someone at my side to help me with every move to keep me from voiding out the whole process. I have learned a thing or two and am confident enough to attempt it on my own. After all, what do I have to lose except hundreds of hours of writing history? I mean, what the heck anyway!

On an entirely different front, I have decided to learn more about personal finance and budget solutions. This Dave Ramsey guy gets people to yell out before the entire world that they are "DEBT FREE!" Most of them then speak about how they are going to prepare to accumulate money for their retirement years. All of that sounds wonderful to me except for one small part of that accumulation equation synopsis: I'm already well into that retirement age catagory. Also, the debt free thing is something I am not familiar with either. There is much to learn there I'm thinking. I made an appointment with a financial advisor that had been reccomended to me by a very successful business aquaintance. I put down the information she asked for and went. She looked the information over and for the next 45 minutes chewed me out about what I should have done in the past. "There wasn't much she could do but as a favor she'd try to do her best." I decided not to retain her services. In my mind it doesn't sound right when someone I am paying good money to infers they are doing me a favor.

this is the second attempt at publishing this posting. I guess the kinks ain't all worked out just yet are they.

No comments:

 
Authors Blogs Literature Blogs - Blog Top Sites Literature Blogs - Blog Top  Sites