Saturday, July 16, 2016

Who is telling me what I can do?

Let me get this straight. You are telling me that I do not know what I am doing.

Not bragging or complaining, just stating facts. After being told I could not do these things along with many others too numerous to mention.

I have run a business since 1960 through thick and thin, sometimes working 72 hours straight without sleep with a paralyzed arm (1-1/2 years)and through chronic illness.
I supported myself and my family without benefit of public assistance sometimes working 3 jobs.
I put my kids through parochial school.
After only knowing her for four months I married a woman and we're still married 50 years later
I survived a two year battle with carbon monoxide poisoning induced amnesia
I spent $100,000 over 33 years conducting a treasure hunt to spotlight the danger of CO poisoning
I raised two fantastic children that chose to be wonderful parents and successful, productive members of society
I have remained loyal to my friends even when most everyone else gave up on them
I mentored over 150 at risk young men and helped teach them skills and work ethics that last a lifetime.
I visited and befriends aging veterans for 30 years and in many cases was with them as they died
I visited, wrote to and mentored men in prison and helped them back into being good members of society
I held the hands of many friends and relatives as they passed away so they would not be alone.
I have never smoked dope or taken an illegal drug.
I have developed a faith in God that is unshakable.
Did my best to be fair and have always paid my employees more than I paid myself.
After the return of my memory I wrote my life story as I remembered it in hopes of helping others. It sold over 2400 copies.
I am grateful for the opportunity in each and every day.
I state these things for this reason:
Until you have a list of similar accomplishments I ask that you refrain from criticizing me and telling me what I can and cannot do. Good counsel and sincere advice are always welcome. Good friends are in many cases how I was able to accomplish these things.


No comments:

 
Authors Blogs Literature Blogs - Blog Top Sites Literature Blogs - Blog Top  Sites